Here is a list of the best supplements to help increase estrogen in women.
Vitamin B, Vitamin D, Boron
- All three of these vitamins/minerals play an important role in the body’s production of estrogen
- If any of them are low, it can lead to a decrease in the body’s regular production of estrogen
- A hormone that is produced by the body’s adrenal glands. It is a precursor to estrogen and testosterone
- In regard to testosterone production, DHEA has only been found to work in older men. This may also be true of women who are looking to use DHEA to boost estrogen
- An herb traditionally used by Native Americans – it has traditionally been used to treat a variety of feminine conditions including menopause
- Evidence suggests that black cohosh could increase estrogen when it is low
Chasteberry, Red Clover, and Dong Quai
- Chasteberry, Red Clover, and Dong Quai are herbs that are often used as traditional treatments for conditions such as menopause and PMS
- Researchers have found that all three herbs show effects similar to estrogen in the body
- A small shrub that grows in India, it is commonly used to help with stress or sometimes used as an adaptogen (supplements that help with promoting homeostasis in the body)
- It has been shown in one study on older men to increase testosterone levels up to 22% and may have a similar effect on women and estrogen
Supplements can be a fantastic tool for dealing with hormone imbalances. However, it can sometimes be difficult to find reasonably priced, high-quality supplements. At The Mills Institute, we have a partnership with Pure Encapsulations, to help our patients receive the best quality supplements at prices they can afford. Visit our Patient Portal today to sign-up and begin your journey to a healthier you.