Adrenal Fatigue (also known as Adrenal Insufficiency) is a condition caused by years of physical and/or mental stress.
The good news for those suffering from Adrenal Fatigue is that there are ways to revert the damage. One tool for this is the use of various health supplements.
Dr. Steven Mills will help you explore how diet and natural supplements can improve adrenal function and thereby resolve issues with adrenal fatique.
Here is a list of the best supplements for adrenal support.
- A small shrub that grows in India, it is commonly used to help with stress or sometimes used as an adaptogen (supplements that help with promoting homeostasis in the body)
- Ashwagandha has been shown to have positive effects on inflammation and may even be a neuroprotective
A Good Multivitamin
- A good multivitamin serves as a baseline for your body to function properly, giving it all the essential vitamins and minerals that you need on a daily basis to ensure that you are not in a deficit
- Find one that is gender-specific, as there are some ingredients that may need to be added or changed depending on your biological needs
- Maca is a plant that grows natively in the Andes mountains
- One study has shown that maca root has hormone-balancing properties. This may also have a positive effect on lowering your cortisol levels if they are too high
- L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that has been shown to reduce stress, help with fatigue-related memory problems, and support adrenal stress hormone production
- Astragalus is a legume that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine
- It has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects
- Cordyceps are a genus of fungi that grow naturally on the plateaus of Tibet
- Studies show that cordyceps can help support energy levels and immune response
- Otherwise known as Siberian Ginseng
- Studies show that eleuthero can help moderate stress by indirectly limiting the body’s production of cortisol (the stress hormone)
- L-Theanine is an amino acid that can help reduce short-term stress
- In one study, participants who took L-Theanine were shown to have lower levels of cortisol after performing stressful tasks than their placebo-taking counterparts
- Rhodiola Rosea is a plant that has a long history of medicinal use in the Northern European and Arctic Regions
- There is evidence to support that it may help with stress-related fatigue and it has been shown to exhibit antidepressant and antianxiety properties
- Passionflower is a flower that grows natively in South America
- It has been shown to have positive effects on GABA and reduce excess Cortisol in the body
- Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid
- In the brain, it protects the brain’s cells and carries messages between them. It is an important part of brain function and naturally decreases with age, so supplementing it correctly can help maintain normal levels within the body
If you are suffering from adrenal fatigue, The Mills Institute can help. We offer Adrenal Care Services to help you get back on track. Additionally, our partnership with Pure Encapsulations means that we can offer high-quality supplements just like these at a fraction of the normal price. Visit our Patient Portal today to get back to being the best you, that you can be.